Buildings cover is a legal requirement and will also be stated within the special conditions laid out within your mortgage offer. This is protection for the build of your home against leakage, fire, flooding, storm damage and much more. Most flats are leasehold in which you pay service charge that will include this protection within its charges, but it is vital that you confirm this to ensure that you have the adequate protection required.

Contents cover is the insurance of everything that you have invested into adding to your house, truly making it your home. Depending on the type of cover, you can ensure the contents within your house are protected up to a certain value, should they be damaged due to fire, flooding or even theft.